RL Clan: Mortal Kombat - Killer Instinct - Tekken
Welcome Back!

“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”

Official RLHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Red Lantern Clan Prospect Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RL Masaru
Admin

PostSubject: Red Lantern Clan Prospect Thread    Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:54 pm

Welcome to the Red Lantern Clan Prospect thread, all candidates that wish to prospect must first introduce themselves here in this thread and also disclose their prior clan history if they posess any. Preferably I seek candidates with no clan history. A prospect that is mature and responsible is a positive, as well as an individual that is no stranger to humility and or one's own vulnerabilities. I certainly do not set high standards in search of the "perfect person", a selfless individual a team player is a strong quality also, there are not currently nor will there ever be celebrity members in this clan meaning no favorites and no one man army complexes. Each member within RL is only as strong as the warrior by their side.

Some individuals will prospect for a few days to weeks possibly months, it all depends on the prospect, their determination and initiative is what will determine the outcome as well as how they got along with fellow RL Clan members. A prospect that is quite possibly the most hungry wolf in the woods is not a bad quality either, it shows me that you truly want to be in this clan not just a clan or any clan. RL Clan is primarily an offline clan, however one does not have to feel obligated to be in the clan for offline competition. We will also be adding new fighting games to the roster in the near future.

Lastly as I mentioned before regarding prospects and what will be expected of them, not everything being sought after in a prospect is being laid out for you, meaning I simply can't give you everything you need to gain an advantage then that defeats the purpose of prospecting. A prospect will be under a watchful eye from not only myself but others as well. Most clans seek loyalty almost immediately and while that is a plus it is almost elusive if nothing more in the beginning, my perspective on loyalty is something that is acquired through time not just asked of and then simply given to upon request.

Thanks again and take care!

Last edited by RL Hanzo on Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.rlclanforum.com
RL Silva_Bulletz

PostSubject: Re: Red Lantern Clan Prospect Thread    Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:32 pm

Greetings RL members. I go by the handle of Silva Bulletz but most folk call me Silva. I have never been associated with any clans but do have some great friends who are part of them. I have been playing fighting games since I was about 9 and love gaming in general. I play all sorts of games but for the last 2 years I have gotten back into fighters mainly. Since I no longer have a 360 my main focus is currently KI. I also play Street fighter and Mortal Kombat and will look forward to the next gen versions. I play mainly online due to lack of time but when I can I do go to local tournaments and my biggest being Civil War held in VA. I definitely would like to prospect for RL simply because I feel that I would be able to take myself to another level with the help of others and due the same for others. I look forward to playing some great sets with each of you and thank you for the opportunity.

GT: xSilva Bulletzx

Last edited by xSilva_Bulletzx on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down
RL Masaru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Red Lantern Clan Prospect Thread    Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:50 pm

xSilva_Bulletzx wrote:
Greetings RL members. I go by the handle of Silva Bulletz but most folk call me Silva. I have never been associated with any clans but do have some great friends who are part of them. I have been playing fighting games since I was about 9 and love gaming in general. I play all sorts of games but for the last 2 years I have gotten back into fighters mainly. Since I no longer have a 360 my main focus is currently KI. I also play Street fighter and Mortal Kombat and will look forward to the next gen versions. I play mainly online due to lack of time but when I can I do go to local tournaments and my biggest being Civil War held in VA. I definitely would like to prospect for RL simply because I feel that I would be able to take myself to another level with the help of others and due the same for others. I look forward to playing some great sets with each of you and thank you for the opportunity.

GT: xSilva Bulletzx

xSilva Bulletzx-
Thank you for taking the time to follow through with our process. I assume you have read our history and what we strive for in the future. We are small in numbers and that is deliberate because most clans even the established clans rush to build numbers as not to appear weak. With RL I believe in one brick at a time, one player at a time we are only as strong as the RL Samurai that stands next to you. We are akin to Samurai code however we do not have a cult like ritual and in no way do we demand a pound of flesh from our members, loyalty is earned through time respect as well. We are online active as well as offline, offline is our primary focus. You speak of team work and helping others, good qualities indeed. Your first trial is to contact RL Eirokaj and play him in a FT 10 he usually works during the weekdays he will most likely agree to a weekend time. Afterwards we will go from there.
Good luck prospect and thanks
-Hanzo
Back to top Go down
RL Silva_Bulletz

PostSubject: Re: Red Lantern Clan Prospect Thread    Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:17 pm

Greatly appreciate it Hanzo, I will definitely reach out to Eiro and work something out. I look forward in possibly becoming RL and helping build one brick at a time.

PostSubject: Re: Red Lantern Clan Prospect Thread    Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:34 pm

@RL Eirokaj it was a pleasure man to be able to play you. You definitely have an arsenal with Tj, Iceman and Sadira. I gave it my all and feel that with those two sets you have helped me level my skills a little further in the direction I was seeking. As always GGs and we'll def get more in. @ RL Hanzo you made a right choice in choosing this man, He's RL all the way.

PostSubject: Re: Red Lantern Clan Prospect Thread    Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:45 pm

Sorry for being late, but thank you for your interest in RL!  After talking to Hanzo I suggested for him to get a party and lobby going tonight if you wish to join.  In my opinion, a prospect should able to socialize with official RL members to get a feel for their potential clanmates.  If you are available to join tonight, great!
Back to top Go down
RL Silva_Bulletz

PostSubject: Re: Red Lantern Clan Prospect Thread    Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:54 pm

What time?

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Red Lantern Clan Prospect Thread    Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:29 am

darkb22 wrote:
I may have posted in the wrong area, therefore,  just to be sure I'll post here as well.

Good evening,

My name's darkb22 and my GT is the same. I have no prior clan affiliations and sadly I don't know anyone that does (Most of my friends aren't into fighting games or official clans.) I've had a controller in my hand for as long as I can remember  (about 3 or 4) and have been playing fighting games since Street Fighter II (the original  SFII). Gaming has always been my passion as I'm currently trying to pursue a career in game design. Alas, I still have a ways to go. I'm always open to learn from others as well as offer what knowledge I can to anyone seeking it. I would love to compete in tournaments, but I live in a small town in Florida. outside of Pensacon, Final Round is the closest I  am to any type of competition which is about  4hrs away. I would like to surround myself with good people to share in my journey and I in theirs. Thank you for the opportunity of even prospecting.

darkb22-
Thank you for taking the most important step, the first one.
When are you available for games?
-Hanzo
Back to top Go down
RL Masaru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Red Lantern Clan Prospect Thread    Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:27 pm

darkb22 wrote:
I'm available the most on Monday, Thursday, and Friday afternoons and evenings as well as Saturday and Sunday evenings

darkb22-
Is Thursday (tomorrow) a good day? If so let's try for 6:00p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Red Lantern Clan Prospect Thread    Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:07 pm

That won't be a problem as long as I don't have basketball practice. If I do, could we move it to 8 Eastern?
Back to top Go down
RL Masaru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Red Lantern Clan Prospect Thread    Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:10 pm

darkb22 wrote:
That won't be a problem as long as I don't have basketball practice. If I do, could we move it to 8 Eastern?

Of course 8 p.m. tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Red Lantern Clan Prospect Thread    Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:12 pm

Tomorrow will be my team's last practice if it even happens since it is supposed to be outside. Thank you for your understanding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Lantern Clan Prospect Thread    

Back to top Go down

Red Lantern Clan Prospect Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RL Clan: Mortal Kombat - Killer Instinct - Tekken  :: Introductions & RL Membership :: Prospecting for RL-
Jump to: